Sunday, June 22, 2014

Jersey Boys, Yeah Baby!

We went to see Jersey Boys last night, despite the critics' reviews, and as I walked out of the theater, all I wanted to say was, Yeah, baby! Great movie. I loved it and yes, I wanted to dance in the aisles, but I refrained for fear of embarrassing my husband.  LOL

I didn't see the play on Broadway, but from the interviews I've seen of the lead John Lloyd Young, he felt the movie was better than the show on B'dway because you could actually see the full backdrop. In my youth, I was always singing and dancing every time those songs came on the radio. It was a pleasant step back in time for me. So forget those reviews from the stuffy old codgers and go see it for yourself to decide. If you're youth was anything like mine, you'll love it. 

I was surprised to learn about his life. We always--or at least I do, think celebrities have a glamorous life, but more often than not, that's not always the case. As a matter of fact, his life was pretty depressing. 

The customary thing to do with my friends after a movie on the east coast was to stop at a diner for breakfast, but since diners are few and far between here in the Wild West, we went to Coldstone's instead and had a sundae in honor of the tradition and to celebrate Jersey! How's that for an excuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment