Tuesday, December 30, 2014

WHO IS HE? THAT IS THE QUESTION!




And here he is, meet my vision of Zach Gerard aka Aaron Eckhart. I think this man is so handsome. The saying goes, "a cleft in the chin, a devil within" and that depicts my character perfectly. 




I thought I’d try something different on this New Year's eve, eve and post an interview with one of my leading characters in The Last Witness, Elusive Justice and Deadly Obsessions.  His name is Zachary Gerard and he’s a homicide detective. This interview should give you some insight into his personality and why he does and says the things he does.

1.  How old are you?
Zach Gerard:  I’m 34.

2.    Are you married?
Zach Gerard:  No, not yet.  Ten years ago, my grandparents and father banded together trying to push me into marrying who they thought was the perfect woman for my career in the family law firm.  I did date her for a while, but the only thing we had in common was affluent families. Thank God, Mom saw right through her phoniness, but she didn’t have much control over what those three said and did. When I announced I was enrolling in the Police Academy and I wasn’t interested in defending criminals or marrying their choice of wives for me, dad said I’d never amount to anything and if I continued in this vein, I’d be removed from the Will.

3. Did that upset you?
Zach Gerard:  It upset me that they tried to control my life, but just because Pop and my dad are high profile attorneys didn’t mean I wanted any part of it.  They defend these scumbags, and I put them behind bars.  As for being cut from the Will?  Money doesn’t buy happiness.

4.     Are you married now?
Zach Gerard:  No. Being in law enforcement, it’s hard to have a relationship with anyone other than someone in the same profession who understands the demands placed upon you.

5.    Where do you work?
Zach Gerard:  In the 21st precinct in the NYPD as a Detective 3rd class.

6.    So you’ve worked your way up the ladder?”
Zach Gerard:  I have and I don’t intend to stop there.

7.    Is your attitude toward your goals to show your father you have made something of yourself?
Zach Gerard:  I’d have to say that’s part of the reason, although I know I’ll never get his approval no matter what I do.

8.    Are any other people living with you?
Zach Gerard: No one, and that’s probably a good thing because I have frequent visitors, if you know what I mean.

9.    Do you have any regrets about the estranged relationship between you and your father?
Zach Gerard:  My only regret is that Mom died while Dad and I were still angry at one another. I should have mended our fences for her sake, but I’m sure she would have seen through our strained interaction with one another.  She’d devoted her life to me and the one thing I could have done for her, I failed.  Dad and I acknowledge each other with a nod when we’re in court.

10. Do you have any siblings?
Zach Gerard:  I’m an only child.  But I’ve always thought if I did, it might have taken the pressure off me with my father.

11. What were three things you liked to do when you were a child?
Zach Gerard:  We had a mock courtroom set up in our basement and Dad and Pop would go down there and argue their cases.  I learned a lot about the law watching them in action.  Knowing his legalese tactics when he’s working a case has really paid off during the times I have to testify and he’s the opposing attorney.

During the holidays, Mom would let me skip school for a day and we’d go out shopping and then stop to see the Christmas tree lights at Rockefeller Center.  Those meant a lot to me. 

And, I guess lastly, for my birthday, Mom would let me take all my friends to a special place, like the Bronx Zoo or Central Park for the day and we’d celebrate with a big party.

12. What were you afraid of when you were a child?
Zach Gerard:  Undoubtedly, my father.  Once I learned to pretend I was in agreement, he eased up a bit.Bottom of Form

13. Do you like your job?
Zach Gerard:  I love my job and I’m very good at what I do.

14. What makes you happy now?
Zach Gerard:  Being able to help the victims of a crime I’m investigating by putting the perpetrator behind bars for a long time.

15. What is your greatest fear?
Zach Gerard:  Not being able to solve a case.

16. What would you change about yourself if you could?
Zach Gerard:  I would practice more patience with others.  I have a tendency to interrupt when they’re expressing their points of view by jumping to conclusions.

17. What is it that you have never told anyone?
Zach Gerard:  I’m in love with my partner.  She’s a hot looking woman with long red hair and a body that doesn’t quit, but she won’t give me the time of day.  But I love a challenge.

18. What do you want?

Zach Gerard:  I want to work my way to Police Commissioner, convince my partner we’re soul mates if she’d just let herself go, and I guess ultimately, have my father tell me he’s proud of me.

And so now, I have a question for those of you who've read any of the books in this series to tell me what actor you picture Zach Gerard to be?  The person who gets the correct answer wins an autographed copy of Deadly Obsessions. Good Luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment