Wednesday, November 25, 2015

NOT YOUR ORDINARY PUMPKIN CREAM PIE

I've tried something very different with my pumpkin pie this year. I love pumpkin pie. I don't have it other times during the year, so it was important to me not to ruin the integrity of the taste . . . and I didn't! I'm posting this today just in case you want to try it along with me. Here's the recipe.

1-15 ounce can of pumpkin
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
6 ounces evaporated milk
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
3 eggs, beaten

PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees

Pour the contents of pumpkin into a mixer bowl, and add the sugar and spices. Whip to thoroughly blend. In a 4 cup measuring cup, drop the eggs in one at a time and whisk, add the evaporated milk and heavy cream and blend to thoroughly mix. Pour the liquid into the pumpkin mixture and beat to incorporate.
 

Pour the mixture into a baking dish and transfer to the oven.
 
Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
 
 


Cool and return to refrigerator overnight so it nice and cold. If you don't do this step and mix it with the whipped cream while it's warm, I can promise you, you'll have soup.

Shape the pie crust into the pie plate and bake according to manufacturers directions.

3 cups cold heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla

1 cup pecans, finely chopped

Whip together until semi-firm peaks form.

In your mixer bowl, spoon all the custard into the bowl and mix until it breaks up. Add 3/4 of the already whipped cream and beat on low until blended.
 


 
 Scoop the mixture into the already baked pie shell, spreading until even.


Add remaining whipped cream over top, sprinkle with chopped nuts and you're ready to serve.

8-10 servings

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment