Sunday, March 30, 2014

THIS? IS NOT IT!

 Last night was date night and hubby and I went to see Noah.

I'd been warned about seeing it, but I'm not one who likes to base my decisions on what others think.

The movie is 2 hours 16 minutes long. If you're looking for the true biblical account of what happened, this is not it! If you're looking for a feel good movie, this is not it. If you're looking to learn something, this is not it.

What I saw instead was a genocidal, homicidal, action hero Noah who said his Creator told him to kill off the human race, murder his twin granddaughters, fathered by his eldest son, and sail across the ocean for a new beginning. But by the time they reach the other side, the only survivors will be the animals because Noah's already instructed his family they will all die. Two at a time, of course, but they're done. Then, we have these giant transformer-like monsters made of rock and fire. They're the fallen angels and known as “the Watchers.” They protect Noah and his family to fight against the animal eating population who want to feast on what Noah's has aboard.

I thought the acting was mediocre at best, certainly not award worthy--at least not in my book, and I didn't walk away feeling as though I'd recommend it to anyone. But then, you have to decide that for yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. I like to make my own decisions too, but this time I think I'll just trust your judgment. By the way, this is my first visit to your blog. Nice! How did I not discover it before? Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sandy. I hope you'll come back again!

      Delete